Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tips For Tweaking Mood For College Strees

Because I am overwhelmed with college life stress every now and then, I've learned to steal some 'me time' out of my busy schedule. After this period was the only important to my emotional, physical and mental health, as well as my academic performance because it gave me the time I needed to show my strength. Also I have the opportunity to get rid of unwanted thoughts that otherwise affect my studies.

I've heard of the saying: "No man is an island." Although this says is true, because humans naturally born to make connections and develop its relations with other people, alone a number of times is also crucial. I have here a list of some of my favorite things to do on my own college life to be able to manage stress. Here they are:

  • If you are on campus and you have a break before or after a big exam or presentation, you can find a place in the campus library where very few students. However, make sure that this place is still visible to other people for safety. This is also an excellent place for a little nap during the day, because it usually quiet here Friday.
  • If the weather is nice and there is a beautiful lawn in your campus, take your iPod and bask in the sun. I remember that when I was at school I used to nurture the Blue Jays who approach me. I then watch them the food that I hide them that is quite amusing to watch.
  • If you have a pretty large proportion of the available time during the week, do all your homework and other school work then. This may take some planning, but it gives you some spare time to plan something for the weekend. Once you have this free time, you can either plan something for nature, such as hiking, rock climbing, etc. or indoors as catching up on your favorite TV show.
  • If you have just a few minutes to spare, you can invest your time in the shower while the radio at full blast or waiving of the music if you like silence. After a nice, long, hot shower can be very relaxed and would not require much time and effort to plan ahead. Just make sure that you let your roommate (s) know that you will be using the bathroom or even an extra bathroom to use them.
  • You can still time for yourself during the busiest time of the semester that usually during finals week. You can do this by setting the lights down low in your room and the lighting incense or other soothing smell, while you relax. This helps especially if you want to take a rest during long study sessions. Just make sure that you do not fully fall asleep, because this option is very tempting during this period.
  • If you share a room with other people, make a kind of agreement with them to have some time by yourself in the room. It then uses this time for a nap longer than usual. I thought that if I fan on the highest setting, the blocks of most of the extraneous noise, although my roommates are opknoping from just outside the room.
  • If your campus gym or community center offers yoga or pilates classes, taking advantage of them. These lessons will give you not only better health if you regularly but also relaxes your body and mind. If you have not been active for a while, start the first beginner classes, so you do not end with an injury.

The life of stress is a part of your life as a student. It is there as long as you stay at the school. Finding something you enjoy doing yourself or with others is a great way to maintain your mental and emotional health. Be creative. The more things you know about yourself, the more ideas can relax.